Boarded Up Foundation
IT'S EASY AND IT'S FREE!
1. In the form, we’d like you to include a little about the Artist(s) and a recording of the four songs you’d like to film. They don’t have to be high quality recordings, just something to give us a general idea of what you’re doing. Live videos work best. (Videos shot on a phone will work just fine.) Those recordings will go to the Advisory Board. Their approval process doesn’t take long; we usually get back to you in 5-7 days. If your submission is accepted, we’ll use those same recordings to begin work on the lighting design.
2. The next step in the process is scheduling. Our shoots are hosted on Mondays (afternoon or evening). We book production dates at least a month or two in advance and like to keep it to about three or four sessions a month. Therefore, it’s important to get your name in the hat as quickly as possible because we fill up fast!
3. If you are selected, you will be contacted via email by our Production Manager. You will be asked to provide a list of musicians and their respective instruments involved (for credits), as well as fill out a stage plot showing where you’d like your players to be on stage (for lighting).
4. Next, we schedule the production. We shoot on Mondays (afternoons or evenings) and the shoot will take anywhere from 3-5 hours. It is very important that you BE REHEARSED and BE ON TIME, as our camera crew gets paid by the hour and we ARE a charity- so production funds are hard to come by!
5. When you arrive, you’ll be asked to sign an ‘Artist Release Form’ (for obvious reasons). Load in and set up usually take about an hour, and sound check and lighting take another. That leaves 2-3 hours once the cameras start rolling. We like to get two takes of each song to make sure we have backups, but if you finish quickly, you are welcome to do more songs!